Life is full of fun and excitement with the Oberlin kids. We are so proud of our kids and excited to share all of that with you. Michael and Nikki

Saturday, August 16, 2008

End of Summer Organizing


So, since coming home I have been on a mission to get the kids into a routine and home improvement. The kids are not happy about any of the above. Yesterday, I took Maddie out for lunch and then shopping for school clothes. What an experience that was. I have a diva on my hands, long gone are the days of cute pink or purple plaids and kitten t-shirts. She is into all things with bling, sparkles, rhinestones, fur, anyway you get the picture. So if you see her out and about you may think you are looking at J Lo.
Today I cleaned out everyones closets, scrubbed floors, and made the kids go through the toy box, now we can at least close it. We also all have clean sheets, and neatly folded drawers. I was in the hope that this would smooth the transition into the school year, so far, not so much so. I cannot believe that I have a kindergartener. What a blur the last 5 years have been.
Next week I can take Dylan shopping and try to convince him that his entire school wardrobe cannot consist of sleeveless shirts, flip flops, and mess shorts. It could be a long trip. We also get back into the swing of things with swimming and gymnastics starting Monday. Summer is definetly over.

1 comment:

Kathy Douglas said...

Oh, my word! I thought I had traveled back in time and was in the year when you entered my room in second grade. Maddie is so YOU! Sorry, just had to say that!!! I am sure your mother is saying you deserve every bit of this!