Life is full of fun and excitement with the Oberlin kids. We are so proud of our kids and excited to share all of that with you. Michael and Nikki

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Grandma's Gardeners

We have awesome flowers in the garden, esp. the sunflowers.
It is a little early for our sweetcorn, but there were some that were ready. Maddie was looking for the perfect ear of corn. She actually did better than I did at finding ripe ones.
Dylan and Macy were on the husking crew. They have gotten really good at it. I hate doing it so this works out really well. The garden has really been fun for the kids to do with their grandparents and it is way more work than my family has time for. We get the fun of a garden but without all of the work. The kids have enjoyed picking things and watering but we have not had to weed it.
This was the one Dylan picked it was not ready yet but he insisted that is was. I should have made him eat it at dinner.

1 comment:

Kathy Douglas said...

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog. Now I found YOU! Love to see pictures of your kiddos and see what you've been up to. Now I can keep current on what's happening in your life!